The clock is ticking: Part I

Amber Anglin, Senior Staff Writer

It’s that time of year when seniors are asking the question, “Where did my time in high school go? I was just a freshman yesterday!”
The time is already starting to wind down for us and our time here at “The” Cascade High School is coming to an end and a new chapter of our lives is waiting.
The acceptance letters are rolling in at school and seniors couldn’t be more excited seeing if their dream school has given them access to joining them on their journey into the world. There are dozens of acceptances already and more to come with all of the talent here at the school.
Filling out college apps is tiresome as they an be lenthy…and expensive. The fee to submit applications range from being free or at a minimum $20 to $65 on the high end.
But in the end, it is worth the effort and the glory awaits.
It is very important for there to be recognition for the ones who get accepted into a college and that’s why there are pictures taken with the student and a picture of the colleges mascot.
The pictures can be found hanging on the wall by the guidance office and on the school news. The pictures are important to show because it shows what that person accomplished and should be proud of, but also gives underclassman something to strive for. It makes them start thinking about what they want to do with the rest of their lives.
So the future is really starting to become a reality. Having all the colleges right in front of your face really takes a toll on you. Knowing that in eight months we will not be students here anymore. The hallways we walk through almost everyday will just be a vague memory to us. This is what most of us have always known. The students, teachers and the corporation are a second family to us.
There are still students stressing out about not knowing what to do with their lives after high school. They don´t know whether to take a year off or go to college unsure on the path that they want to take. And the clock continues to tick.
Before you know it, a new chapter of your life will be opened and high school will be done and over with. Enjoy every moment of high school, go to all the events, hang out with friends, join clubs and be involved. Seniors have a tedious and stressful year ahead of them with frequent things happening. Stay tuned for more updates.
It will be over before you know it.