The CHS spring musical

Lorelai Smith, Staff

This year the CHS Performing Arts Center showcases The Addams Family. The show will be directed by Preston Shaffer, Natalee Hessler, Audra Rittenhouse and Allison Paradise.

The Addams Family is centered around the family and how they have lived by their own unique values for hundreds of years. Morticia and Gomez would like for it to stay that way.

However their daughter Wednesday is now eighteen and ready to start a life of her own. This is when she meets Lucas Beineke who is a normal and kind boy, unlike the Addams.

She invites his family over for dinner and a exciting night, where the Addams must face something they have avoided for generations; change. 

This year the leading roles are mainly portrayed by seniors. Carly Hicks plays the role of Morticia Addams and Hailey Seymour plays Wednesday Addams. The Bineke family consists of Ethan Davis as Lucas, Laney Staruck as Alice, and Levi Southworth as Mal. 

The rest of the Addams family will be played by juniors Justus Palumbo who is Gomez Addams and John Reach who is Uncle Fester. There is also middle schooler Aiden Ridenour, who will be playing the role of Pugsley Addams. The ensemble will consist of 21 actors that who portray the Addams family ancestors. 

Rehearsals started in January and will continue until April with more than 130 hours of rehearsal in all. 

The show will take place in the PAC on the 13th, 14th and 15th of April. The shows on the 13th and 14th start at 7:00 p.m. While on the 15th there is a 2:00 p.m. matinee and 7:00 p.m. show. The doors will open a 30 minutes before show time. 

Tickets will be available starting on March 1st. They will be sold online at https://chsin.booktix.com and tickets will also be sold in the main office. they will. They will be available to purchase at the door as well but it will cost more. Student prices are $7 at the door and online. Adult tickets will be sold for $12 online and $14 at the door.