CHS Hall of Fame inducts new class

Lily Torres, Staff

Cascade High School, a 2018 U.S. Department of Education national blue ribbon high school, celebrated homecoming by inducting the new C.A.D.E.T. Hall of Fame class. 

Starting with the first induction in 2017, the hall is designed to recognize former students and teachers for their outstanding accomplishments at CHS and beyond. 

Each year since, four former students and teachers have been added. The acronym C.A.D.E.T. stands for Cascade Alumni Doing Exceptional Things. This year two former teachers, Luanne Clunie and Diane Flint were inducted. 

Clunie was a math teacher and athletic coach at Cascade for 30 plus years while Flint was an English teacher for more than 40.

Two prestigious alumni were also inducted. Diana Hampton Hadley graduated with the class of 1967 and Dr. Roger B. Beck graduated in the very first class of 1965.  Hadley went on to be the Executive Director of the Indiana High School Press Association while Beck has established himself as one of the most highly acclaimed social studies educators in the country.

According to first-year principal, Brant Donovan, “It is wonderful to see the nominees come back and be honored for their accomplishments because they have done great things not only at Cascade High School, but also since they’ve graduated.” 

The inductees were recognized at the pregame ceremonies before the school’s homecoming kickoff. All four inductees were presented awards by current teachers and administrators as their accomplishments were read to the crowd. Members of the CHS Student Athletic Leadership Council served as hosts for the inductees. 

The committee plans to continue this tradition going forward to build recognition for the fine students and staff at CHS.

“It is important that alumni are honored in front of our community. We think that it is very important for our students to see their success so they can see former students from Cascade going on and doing great things. It is important for our students to see them as great role models,” said Donovan.

The C.A.D.E.T. Hall of Fame display is located in the upper concourse of the CHS gymnasium.