No seniors, no problem

Dylan Kottkamp, Staff

With a team that consists of zero seniors, many people would think that all odds are against them. However, even though the boys soccer team is young, they are experienced with a solid core of underclassmen. 

After losing six seniors to graduation, the junior class will look to be the key leaders for the team.

They still have their top two scorers and the starting defenders from the past season. One of those players is returning team captain and two-time all-conference player, junior Blake Stack, whose club soccer team finished third in the nation this past over the summer.  When asked about his personal goal for this season, Stack stated, “To get   better and to be a good captain to lead the team.”                        “This summer we trained hard to prepare for the upcoming season,” said Head Coach Kevin Valenti, who is entering his third season at the helm and 17th season of coaching soccer in general. The Cadets practiced hard and even went to a tournament where they went 2-1. 

The squad has three incoming freshmen this year. Coach Valenti is excited to see what they can bring with the improvement of the returning players as they enter the new conference called the Indiana Crossroad Conference. 

“The new conference will be a challenge, but also a great opportunity for our team.  We can learn a lot from some of these bigger schools and can’t wait to complete with them,” said Valenti. 

All eyes will be on the young core this year as they look to compete every day to get better and accomplish their goals.