Tricks and treats

Nick Jones, Senior Staff Writer

Once again, in this time of witches and ghouls, “The” Cascade High School held its annual Safe Trick or Treat event for local elementary children.
This year had one of the largest turnouts with almost 350 children coming in full costume from the community. This number was nearly double the 200 who attended the previous year.
The event isn’t held by any single group, but rather offers all clubs and sports at Cascade a table where they can pass out candy, promote their group and offer activities for trick-or-treaters.
With the local weather being wet and cold on Halloween, this event provided children with perhaps their only chance to enjoy the holiday.
Some clubs that were present included the National Honor Society, Book Club, Anime Club and Student Council. Classes such as French, Spanish and science also set up tables.
As the children walked the upper concourse of the gym, many of the clubs also offered games such as ring toss, pin the spider to the web and basketball.
Senior Faith Gomez stated, “We were definitely not planning for that many kids and we actually ran out of candy. Luckily we were able to get some from other tables to hand out.”
Looking toward the future, many groups now know to include more activities and much more candy. With numbers on the rise, the school anticipates even more fun next year.