National FFA week

Alex Church, Staff

Did you know that each year FFA chapters around the United States celebrate National FFA Week? This tradition began in 1947 when the National FFA Board of Directors designated the week of George Washington’s birthday for this special week in recognition of Washington’s legacy as an agriculturist and farmer.
FFA Week always runs Saturday to Saturday and includes February 22, Washington’s birthday. This year, National FFA Week is February 18-25.
According to Mrs. Laura Searcy, CHS FFA Advisor, this week is an opportunity for FFA members, alumni, and sponsors to spend time advocating about agriculture to local, state and national audiences. It is also spent spreading the word about the great things in agricultural education and FFA, and the impact that it makes on its members every day..
The CHS FFA Chapter has established a committee to plan and implement FFA Week at Cascade. They are planning several things to celebrate this important week.
There will be goodies and agriculture tidbits of information to hand out to the teachers at CHS. They FFA will also sponsor a coloring contest at Mill Creek East and Mill Creek West.
The CHS FFA will also be providing lunch for the CHS staff on February 23 . There will be an all-chapter luncheon on February 24 with a visit from the State FFA President, Jessica Mars.
The CHS FFA Chapter will also make a visit to the Greencastle Tractor Supply store to promote their FFA emblem sale. Finally, the National FFA Week will include special dress up days at Cascade High School.

Monday–President’s Day (No School)
Tuesday–FFA T-shirt day
Wednesday–Red vs Green Day
Thursday–Ball Caps and Boots Day
Friday–FFA Official Dress/Professional Attire Day

Mrs. Searcy is really looking forward to FFA week.
“Any chance that we have to advocate about the FFA program, engage our members with the community and have fun, we have to embrace! With all of the fun things we have planned with a purpose, it should be a great week, hopefully full of impact! If we reach just a few, then we have become successful.”