Boys soccer recap

Senior Chase Spencer concentrates on moving the ball.

Kaitlyn Breeding, Sports Editor

The boys soccer team has been very active this past month.

The team played against the Monrovia Bulldogs, but the game was cut short at halftime due to inclimate weather with a score of 4-1. The game was later resumed where the Bulldogs scored one goal, ending the two-part game 4-2.

The boys then traveled to Speedway. The team fought hard, but came out with a loss against the Sparkplugs. The end score was 6-0. This was the first loss of the season.

They then traveled to Danville for their only game of the week. Junior Zach Deurloo scored two goals during the game, but the team still fell to the opposing Warriors 3-2.

After losing two tough games, the boys had a very successful week winning all three games. The first game that was played at home against Southmont. Deurloo and sophomore Jordan VanWinkle both scored two goals with sophomore Avery Zook and senior Noah Fisher both netted one. The Cadets won 6-1.

Wednesday, the team hosted Owen Valley. Deurloo carried the team by scoring two goals. The Cadets beat the opposing Patriots 2-0.

The last game of the week was the WIC crossover match against Northview High School. Deurloo, senior Chase Spencer, and junior Ben Taylor all scored goals. The team beat Northview 3-1.

As the end of the regular season winds down, the sectional games are on their way, and the Cadets are looking for a good end to their season.