Lady Cadets basketball preview

MaKye Tharp, Staff

With the cold weather coming around there is something to look forward to; girls basketball.

The girls are ready for their season to start with a new coach and familiar feel. 

Returning starter sophomore Sydney Warran said, “Our schedule looks tough but it is definitely one we can compete with.”

Assistant Coach Nick Puckett said that the elevated schedule against bigger schools is actually  a good thing. “We have a very difficult sectional, so it’s important that we get pushed competitively throughout the season to prepare ourselves.”

The team will face some strong competition like Cardinal Ritter, Plainfield, Triton Central and Tri-West. They will also battle against big schools like Decatur Central.

First year head coach Adam Parsons said he’s excited about some returning players from last year.

“Emma Parsons, Juliana Schmidt, Abby Parsons, Sydney Warran, Halle Cansdale, Mariah Richardson, Ava Cook and Cora Lopossa are all strong returning players that should help the team out.” 

Transfer junior Christina Lamb should also boost the team’s depth. The former Lebanon Tiger brings height at 5’9″ and will bolster the inside-outside game at wing.

Warran said about Lamb, “She is a beast. She is going to make a huge difference. We are super excited she gets to be a part of our team this year.” 

There are also some strong incoming freshman. Creedance Chittenden is very aggressive along with Avery Littrel. Claire Austin also has great potential and works hard.

“We have some really talented freshmen.  It remains to be seen how much they contribute to the varsity squad, but they will be ready,” stated Puckett.

Regardless of opponent or who will be on the floor, one thing is for sure; the Cadets are ready.