Fabulous Fall Season

Fabulous Fall Season

Sydney Grace Warran, Senior Staff Writer

This was a fall sports season to remember. In fact, this may have been one of the best athletic seasons in Cascade High School history. 

The Cadets football team had an outstanding season ending with a 6-5 finish and the first winning record since 2013.  Along the way, the team broke five records including most  rush yards in a game and most rush touchdowns in a game with 10 vs Cloverdale.

In that game, the team also broke the record for the largest margin of victory, with a 74-point win.  They also topped the season records for most rushing touchdowns and most rushing yards with more than 3,000 total on the season. 

Senior Liam Farmer smashed seven individual records, including single game and season rush yards, single game and season rushing touchdowns, career rushing touchdowns and career scoring.  Farmer, and fellow seniors Walker VanNess and Devon Weigle were  named all conference. 

The volleyball team wrapped up play with a winning record before falling in the sectional.  The team finished with a 21-14 record for one of the best seasons in recent memory. Senior Sydney Warran was named to the all-conference team.

The boys soccer team had another great season going 14-4-1, finishing as the ICC runners up.  All conference honors were awarded to  Ari Moore, Lane Trump, Drake Dodson, Jayson Kemp and Caden Potters. 

The girls soccer team also had a very successful season with a record of 9-7-1. The team currently reigns as back-to-back sectional champions.  All conference players were junior Credence Chittendon,  senior Ava Cook and sophomore Anna Burns.

The girls golf team had an unprecedented season, winning all of their dual matches, finishing third at county and winning the ICC championship. Conference honors were awarded to seniors Bri Andres and Addy Stevens, junior Nevaeh Hubner and sophomore Jessica Andres.

The cross country teams continued building their tradition over many big races this season.

The boys team won the Jon Mitchell Invite. The boys were also the ICC conference champs for the second year in a row.  Owen Myers, Dean Semski, Cason Conehronkrook and Evan Davis ran to all conference honors.

The girls team  was the conference runners up.  Sophomore Morgan Buckingham and senior Carly Hicks both qualified for the regional, with Hicks advancing to the semi-state meet, where she became the fourth fastest runner in school history. Both girls were also named to the all-conference team, along with junior Courtney Shostrand.

The competition cheer team has earned a top three finish, won a championship at Hamilton Southeastern and finished sixth at state. 

For the first time in a long time, if ever, every single team finished the fall season with a winning record. There were also 35 student athletes who were awarded all-conference academic honors. 

Someone once said, “As goes the summer, so goes the fall.”  The Cadets athletes clearly put in the work over the summer and reaped the rewards of those efforts for an unforgettable fall season.