Podium Player: Addy Stevens

Jessica Stevens

Third-year golfer, junior Addy Stevens with her Indiana Crossroads Conference hardware.

Chayner Wilkinson, Staff

Given her recent success, many people would be shocked that one of the top Cadet golfers is only in her third season.

Junior Addy Stevens is not only a strong athlete, but she is also a great student and can play golf with the best of them. 

Stevens is one of the reasons the girls golf team just carded runner-up bragging rights at the Indiana Crossroads Conference championship. 

But it was Stevens who was the frontrunner for her team with a low score of 89, which put her on the podium in a tie for third place overall.

Stevens is proud to be part of such a strong unit this year. 

“I think our team has done extraordinarily well so far this season. There are always things that could be improved within a team.  For ours specifically, we need to focus more on our short game; chipping and putting,” she said.

Winning on the course is great, but it is the wins off that might be more important.

Stevens said, “My favorite aspect of golf is by far the close bond I have with my teammates. They have grown to mean a lot to me and I love to see them do well.”

Stevens is confident not only in her abilities, but also the ones of her teammates. She and the rest of her team are currently undefeated in dual matches with plans to continue that streak. 

“I believe that my team will wrap up our season confidently and with a few more wins as well,” she added.

With just a few seasons under her belt, Stevens has already fallen in love with the sport.  “I would love to play golf in college if I have the opportunity, but otherwise, I will definitely keep it as one of my main hobbies,” she said.