That’s a wrap

Bradi Cheesman, Senior Staff Writer

The 2017-18 basketball season came to a close for the Lady Cadets after a tough loss to South Putnam at the sectional final game.
The Lady Cadets won two games to get to the championship game.
The first game took place on Tuesday, Jan. 30 against North Putnam and the Cadets rolled over the Cougars with a 55-38 victory.
Senior Emelia Bryant was the high scorer for the game with 19 points and eight rebounds while fellow seniors Hannah Rasnake and Olivia Bryant followed close behind with 15 points and 12 points respectively.
The girls took to the court again Friday night to take on Monrovia and finished it out with a 50-34 win over the Bulldogs.
Olivia Bryant had 15 points and five steals to lead the Cadets.
Sophomore Taylor Norris added 10 points and five rebounds to the cause and Emelia Bryant narrowly missed a double-double with eight points and ten rebounds.
The team then moved on to the championship game where they faced the reigning sectional champions, the South Putnam Eagles.
The Lady Cadets had faced the Eagles two time previously this season, once in the regular season and another in the conference crossover game. The Cadets and the Eagles each shared a victory prior to their final meeting.
Despite their best efforts the Lady Cadets could not get ahead of the Eagles.
After being down nearly twenty-points at one time, the Lady Cadets eventually came within one but were unable to remain that close.
The Lady Eagles finished off the Cadet’s season with a 64-55 victory on their home floor.
The Lady Cadets finished the season with a 12-13 record.