Success at the Broncho Duals

Harley Kline, Staff

Cascade’s wrestling team was in heavy action to the Bronco Duals in Lafayette Jefferson High School over Christmas break. The team faced competition from Lafayette Jefferson, Clinton Central, Kokomo, West Lafayette, Rennsellear, New Castle, New Prarie and Crawfordsville.
According to coachBrian Burelison, “The wrestlers did very well. The competition was very tough. We wrestled to our level and beat some people we should not have beaten.”
While team members are working on individual goals, the team’s goal is to keep improving as the season goes on and that goal is being met.
“Some wrestlers are better than others, but more mat time equals more experience which makes better wrestlers,” said Burelison.
Two wrestlers hit their best records including Austin Hudson and Seth Bechtel, who went 7-1 for the competition. Freshman, Jalen Strange and Josh Miller also helped the team by getting wins.
The lone senior, Bechtel, had a standout two day performance. Unfortunately, fellow senior Logan Brickert was injured prior to this meet and will be out for the rest of the season.
The team is continuing to work hard as the end of the season nears.
“As a team, we need to work on being a little tougher and if we get beat, we need to try to avoid getting pinned. We would also like to see our guys put more effort into doing the moves we work on daily in the wrestling room.”